THERE'S NO SHORTCUT TO ANYWHERE WORTH GOING

Saturday, August 13, 2011

My First Blog Ever

I never thought I'd be writing a blog. I have seen Julie & Julia about a bazillion times and never had the tiniest inkling that I'd be blogging at some point (not at all saying that I'm even half as interesting as "Julie"). Why am I blogging do you ask? I find it hard to answer that question in a single thought but I'll try my best. I have discovered a whole new world and I want to share my experiences along the way with everyone.

I have been active and moderately healthy my entire life thanks in majority to my parents. Although my parents may not have had the healthiest of habits in their lifetimes, they were enlightened enough to instill the values of health into my sister and I. So how have I suddenly discovered a world where my active lifestyle was shocked by the introduction of such an intense challenge? That's also an answer that is hard to come up with in a single thought.

In April, I was introduced to a personal trainer through a friend of mine. I was in good shape but couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing the results I had expected after 5 mile runs and P90X on a normal basis. I also couldn't come to terms with my less-than-ideal eating habits. After encouragement from my trainer and some seriously challenging work over a two month period, I entered my first fitness competition (something I NEVER saw in my future) and won! Along the way, I have learned a lot and have developed a hunger to learn more. My aim is for this blog to be a diary of my journey and allow others to have a glimpse of the everyday challenges and accomplishments that come with a fit lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment